Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek awards scholarships and grants to full-time students of undergraduate, graduate, integrated undergraduate and graduate University studies and to students of professional undergraduate and specialist professional graduate studies at the scientific-educational and artistic-educational University constituent units, according to terms and conditions defined by the Ordinance on conditions and means of exercising rights for awarding student scholarships and grants. at the Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek. The Ordinance regulates general provisions, criteria and ways of awarding the scholarships. The scholarships and grants are awarded according to these next categories:
A. category – Scholarships for excellence, according to subcategories as follows:
- A1.) Senior students
- A2.) First year students of university and professional undergraduate studies and first year students of integrated undergraduate and graduate university studies
- A3.) First year students of graduate university studies
B. category – Scholarships for students who are active athletes
C. category – Scholarships for students with special economic needs, according to subcategories as follows:
- C1.) Students of a lower socio-economic status
- C2.) Physically challenged students
- C3.) Students belonging to potentially vulnerable groups
D. category – grants for students with special economic needs
Student scholarships are paid as monthly fees for a duration of one academic year from October 1st of the current academic year, till September 30th.
Student grants for covering the cost of studying (scholarships) in the amount from 50% to 100% of the scholarship fees are awarded in one instant.